Public Beta Channel Opened - Automatic Beatmap Generator Included
Hey everyone! We have just opened a new Beta channel on Steam for everyone who wants to try out the latest features, including an early version of the automatic generator for all your local music files.
Currently, the generator can create Beginner and Advanced layouts. The Expert level and some generator options will follow soon. If you want to switch to the beta channel on Steam and help us test and improve these features, here is how you do it:
- Find PowerBeatsVR in your Steam library and right-click on it.
- Click “Properties”.
- Open the “Beta” tab.
- Under “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” select “publicbeta” from the drop-down.
- Close the properties window and the beta will begin installing.
- Click in-game on the “Local” challenges tab and navigate to your music folder.
To switch back, just choose “NONE – opt out of all beta programs” in the “Beta” tab instead.
Please note that existing community challenges are currently not compatible with the beta build. They will be converted with the next official update.
And for everyone interested, here are the features which are implemented in the beta build and are ready for being tested:
Automatic Beatmap Generator (work in progress)
- Automatic beatmap generation for local music files
- Beginner and Advanced mode implemented (Expert coming soon)
Improved Level Editor
- Easy handling: Just choose your local song via the in-game file browser and start editing
- Automatic song analysis (including bpm and offset – no manual work necessary)
- New features:
– Saving and loading of custom patterns
– Automatically generating a beatmap for the chosen difficulty
- New modifiers:
– „All balls are normal“
– „No vertical walls“
– „No horizontal walls“
- New option to turn in-game voice on/off
- Additional strength bonus after each challenge
- Visual tweaks
- Performance improvements
As always it would be great, if you could give us feedback in our Discord, report bugs, share ideas and help us in making an amazing game.
Have fun and thanks for your support,