PowerBeatsVR Is now Available on
Oculus Quest App Lab
October 20, 2021
Dear players! It’s done!
We are super excited to announce that PowerBeatsVR has just made its release on Oculus Quest App Lab featuring almost all PCVR features (except for direct Bluetooth and ANT+ heart rate monitor support), further improvements, and buttery smooth graphics for the Oculus Quest 1 & 2.
You can grab it here: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/4336749139724039/
We hope that PowerBeatsVR can be a great and affordable alternative to subscription-based apps or even the gym, and will help many people in becoming fit or fitter, getting in shape, or staying there.
Enjoy the Quest release, and thank you all for making this happen!
By the way, reviews are much appreciated and would certainly help us to get into the official Quest store <3. Your contribution can make the difference!
Thank you so much and looking forward to your feedback,
P.S. Have you seen our new feedback board, where you can submit ideas and wishes, vote on specific requests, and see what’s already in development? Feel free, to contribute.
And for our previous PCVR players who are interested in the improvements and changes, we’ve made during porting from PCVR to Oculus Quest, attached is the complete list. All those improvements will also come to PCVR shortly.
New Minor Features:
- Greatly improved automatic adaptation to playspace size and orientation (via platform and in-game)
- Added warning if playspace is not configured, or configured to be larger than the one reported by the platform
- Added safety margin to the left and right to keep elements inside the configured playspace at all time
Additional Changes and Bugfixes:
- Configured playspace size is now shown correctly in menu on first startup
- Fixed beat detection by waiting for entire audio file to be loaded successfully
- Prevented play area size from changing slightly on every menu call when AUTO is checked
- Fixed balls placement in song “Energetic” on Advanced and Expert to prevent collisions with walls
- Fixed playlist length longer than one hour not showing hours in the playlist tab
- Fixed local file not being shown when file ending is not all lower case
- Added tooltips to weapon selection explaining the connection between XP and unlocking status
- Fixed haptics to give different feedback for balls and streams, and added tailored settings for each platform
- Fixed music starting twice when booting up game (sound hiccup)
- Fixed “perfect hits” numerical display on the end screen for large hit values
- Fixed inconsistent UI behavior of objects and wording in editor
- Improved performance when scrolling through a layout
- Optimized, improved, and harmonized environments across all platforms
- Optimized and improved menu across all platforms
- Changed storm in desert environment to an amazing arch straight out of Arches national park
- Improved particle effects and added hit direction to destroy effects